Thursday, December 4, 2008

Do You Have a Soundtrack to Your Life?

I don't normally put a lot of stock in horoscopes, but I do have them emailed to me every day - You know, just in case they know something I don't!

Anyway, here was today's:

If you don't have music playing today -- in the background, on headphones or however it works for you -- then you just don't feel complete. You need a soundtrack in order to get yourself going!

And honestly, it's pretty perfect for me everyday! I think best with music, I always have something on and have music for my moods. I have songs for times in my life and I remember moments based on the music that was playing.

I can't listen to Santana and Rob Thomas's Smooth without being instantly transported back to driving my car in Florida, windows down, radio blaring. And The Corrs will forever be college to me. Though I avoided the New Kids on the Block era like the plague, there are still times in my life that I can tie back to Hangin' Tough (BTW, I have that song on a "Best of 1989" compilation and the only thing I can say it is was a good thing they were cute - Not sure much was happening musically and it would have been nice if at least TWO of them had been in the same key).

I would be lost without my Zune (on principle, I refuse to own anything I-Podish). A playlist for driving, a playlist of walking. A playlist of just the songs I like to sing along to...a playlist for a mood. A very handy and appropriate device for someone who has always had a playlist for life...

And now...courtesy of Playlist.com...a playlist for my blog - Check it out on the right (thanks Homer....both of us have directional dyslexia.)

No comments: