Monday, June 8, 2009

Feed My Delusions...

Welcome to the new era of "fan-dom." Now it's even easier to stalk your favorite celebrity!

Welcome to the world of Twitter.

Here's how it works. If I had a life, I could post updates (or tweets) to my Twitter of what I was doing and my "followers" would be kept up to date. If I had a life...

I mean, obviously, I have a life. I just don't have a LIFE. Or at least, I don't have a LIFE where I could post interesting updates on a regular basis. I set up my Twitter account by accident, while trying to read a Twitter feed from Despair.com. And even though I didn't mean to establish a Twitter feed, I can't seem to help posting a random update.

Totally random updates. Kinda like this blog...

Then, one day at lunch with my "book club," someone mentioned following a celebrity on Twitter. And on a whim, I decided to see if Matthew Perry had a Twitter feed. And alas, he does. And there's this amazing option, where I can have his Twitter updates sent to my cell phone like text messages. So now...

I get text messages from Matthew Perry.

Well, me and 80,000 other people. Literally - 80,000 followers and counting. Can you even imagine 80,000+ people interested in you?

But regardless of how many other people read these "tweets," it's still unbelieveable to me, this real-time world of celebrity-fan connections. It's such a strange sensation, to get a tweet on my cell phone and know that right now, MP is settling in to watch a movie, or a hockey game. That just a few minutes ago, MP typed a message and hit send. And instantly, his fans know what he's up to.

Seriously - Does this make me a stalker?

Not that that would be a new role for me. I've always been somewhat of a stalker - just one that's been "locational-ly challenged."

Just kidding - I don't have stalker in me.

It takes too much initative.

(Also, I was thinking of adding a picture of MP to this post, but seriously...that makes me feel like "crazy stalker girl" and I just can't get myself to go there...)
Post-Edit (Like WAY post edit, like 2-17-10 post edit): So (speaking of MP), a few months ago he started this joke and asked his followers to tweet him a punch line. I sent him one and he re-tweeted it. Like seriously...I (stalker that I am), almost kinda had brief, technological encounter with MP. It was cool...well, that and for a short while, because he re-tweeted my post, I picked up some of his crazy stalker fans.
Seriously...Crazy. Stalkers.
Unlike me...Sane stalker who is geographically challenged (in other words, I live too far away to sit at the end of his driveway, looking into windows with night-vision goggles).
MP: "Having lunch with your trainer is comforting and not satisfying all at the same time. Kinda like...(insert joke here).
PH: "Like reality tv..."

No comments: